Roughly halfway through my 43rd year, time to check my progress on the list:
1. eat an ice cream cone while sitting on the grass
2. take a nap in the hammock Mother's Day!
3. take a mixed-media art course
4. take a writing course
5. print a photo a month
6. photo document a day each month
7. make a friendship bracelet
8. go camping twice!
9. spend the night in Chicago 4th of July
10. walk on the beach Whitefish Point, Lake Superior
11. video chat gotta love FaceTime!
12. finish Patrick’s baby book (yes, he’s 8)
13. start a Christmas scrapbook
14. sew an article of clothing for me
15. sew a quilt for the living room
16. read my camera instruction manual I don't think it really helped!
17. learn 6 new recipes
18. make jam strawberry and peach freezer jam!
19. bake a new kind of bread Super Bread from the King Arthur Flour cookbook
20. make a video of the kids
21. write down the lyrics of one song that I like
22. establish a yoga/stretching routine
23. take a family bike ride to the farmer's market
24. buy myself one small piece of art
25. write a letter – by hand yes, I did!
26. make gravy
27. make yogurt
28. go hiking
29. swim in fresh water Devil's Lake, WI
30. swim in salt water
31. go to a museum two so far!
32. paint a picture
33. stand outside in the rain
34. eat snow
35. make a snow angel
36. make a snowman
37. dry lavender
38. can tomatoes
39. make a collage here
40. get a pedicure
41. get a massage
42. see a concert
43. have a picnic Whitefish Point, MI
Ironically, when I first sat down to write this list, I was afraid maybe I wasn't making it challenging enough, that I needed to dig a little deeper. I mean, how much incentive would I really need to get a pedicure or a massage? Well, apparently more incentive than I thought since I still haven't crossed them off the list! In my defense, numbers 34-36 would have been crossed off already if we were having any kind of normal winter weather here, but we aren't so those still remain undone.
It looks like the next 6 months are going to be pretty busy...