So, we bought a new patio dining table and chairs this spring. Super excited, as our old set was mostly help together by the numerous layers of paint that had been applied over the last 8 years. And I say "mostly held together" since it had taken to swaying threateningly whenever one arose from their chair too enthusiastically.
We found this set at Home Depot when we were picking up mulch and compost for the garden, and it was just what I wanted. Except for the lumbar pillows that came with the set (top photo). Hated the lumbar pillows on sight. I thought about just not using them, but I have this vision of long meals under the twinkly lights on the patio, and I wanted really comfy chairs. And how hard could it be to make a few pillow covers anyway? Oy.
If I had been able to work on the pillows in a large block of time, it might have taken me 2 hours or so. But life being what it was at the end of the school year, this got cobbled together in 15-20 minute increments. The covers are an envelope style, essentially one long rectangular piece folded to enclose the pillow and overlap in the back. Easy peasy.
I did 4 of the pillows in the suzani pattern, and two in the blue and white trellis print, just to break things up a bit. They were on the chairs during dinner tonight, and I must say, they were very comfy indeed. I've some scraps left over that I'd like to use for a few more pillows for the Adirondack chairs around the firebowl. If history is any guide, you can expect an update on that project sometime around Labor Day.